The CBOI’s Peace Proms is a unique and ambitions musical education programme in which 20,000 children from 250 schools throughout Ireland participate annually. The project culminates in a series of concerts held at premier venues throughout Ireland in February/March. The CBOI has also run Peace Proms with outstanding success in America and China.
Peace Proms helps young people to develop qualities of self-reliance, personal integrity, responsibility, and confidence by giving them the opportunity to
- Perform with a full symphony orchestra
- Work with leading professional conductors and musicians
- Perform in premier venues
- Develops vocal technique, presentation and performance in young people
- Introduces young people to a variety of musical styles and genres and develops an appreciation for these styles
Peace Proms entertains, educates and engages children and young people in music and enriches their lives through exceptional musical experiences and performances. It is a musical and cultural celebration and provides a unique platform for young people to showcase their talent while promoting peace, unity and tolerance through music. Peace Proms makes the Arts more accessible to young people, their school, families and the wider community, and provides an opportunity for cooperation among children, parents, teachers, school boards, and the wider community.
Upcoming ConcertsThere are no upcoming events at this time.
See http://www.peaceproms.com for more information and how to get tickets.